Announcements Allowed Image Hosts - UPDATED Sept 11, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexx Diamond

I would like to post a set that didn't see posted yet using https://img.yt . I did a search for the host in this thread but it never came up. Would someone please let me know if that host is acceptable? I view pics with no problem from that host via Firefox while running NoScript and Ublock Origin add ons.

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
I would like to post a set that didn't see posted yet using https://img.yt . I did a search for the host in this thread but it never came up. Would someone please let me know if that host is acceptable? I view pics with no problem from that host via Firefox while running NoScript and Ublock Origin add ons.
No you can't use it. The use of an imagehost from our approved list is mandatory

Lexx Diamond

No you can't use it. The use of an imagehost from our approved list is mandatory
OK. I have been using imgbox since their debut. However, they have a 10mb image size limit. None of the hosts I know of that I know can host images larger than 10 are listed is why I asked. I want to post a set of a female and some of the pics are more than 10mbs. I have the set posted on other sites. I was just trying to contribute. Oh well back to lurking.

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
OK. I have been using imgbox since their debut. However, they have a 10mb image size limit. None of the hosts I know of that I know can host images larger than 10 are listed is why I asked. I want to post a set of a female and some of the pics are more than 10mbs. I have the set posted on other sites. I was just trying to contribute. Oh well back to lurking.
Get yourself an image management system that facilitates reducing the filesize of images - some web sources seem to compress their images pretty inadequately!

betterthanthat

One of imagehost from the list, doesn't work.

http://image18.org/
Please notice:
This domain name registration has expired and renewal or deletion are pending. If you are the registrant and want to renew the domain name, please contact your registration service provider.

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
The following imagehosts have been removed - appearances suggest that they are defunct.
image18.org
imageho.me
picturescream.com
pic-sharing.net
pixtreat.com

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
Imagetwist has been removed from our approved list, operating from 3 October 2018. A potential malware intrusion has not been removed from their system and they can no longer be recommended as safe.

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
Imagetwist have eliminated the problem that was drawn to their attention, so they are hereby restored to approved status.
I have thanked them for their cooperation.

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
Because it spews out ads, redirects, and is a generally browser-unfriendly imagehost.
This is a directive, not a suggestion or negotiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.