Announcements Allowed Image Hosts - UPDATED Sept 11, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamTeller

Staff member
Updated 11 September, 2021

Due to the aggressive nature of new image hosting sites' advertising and revenue generating campaigns, we've been forced to switch to an allowed hosting list for images on Kitty-Kats.
We strongly recommend:

1. imagevenue.com
  2. pimpandhost.com
  3. truepic.org

If you choose not to use one of these three hosts, you must choose from the following list of further image host options:

• depic.me
  • imagebam.com
  • imagetwist.com
  • imgbox.com
  • imgcredit.xyz
  • miragepics.com
  • picstate.com
  • picszone.net
  • pixhost.to
  • pixroute.com
  • pixxxels.cc (postimages.org)
  • turboimagehost.com

We are not closed minded with regards to this list and will entertain suggestions for adding to and removing hosts. You may make a hosting suggestion in THIS SECTION; we will not respond to PM requests for host additions. Hosts will be evaluated by staff members based on their overall user friendliness. Excessive pop-ups, adblocker denials, redirects, unnecessary scripts, or overall impression will prevent hosts from being accepted.

Be advised that hosts being on this list is not a guarantee that they will be on the list forever. If a host is altered in the future to not be up to our standards, it will be removed.

Note: all image hosts that we allow will be on this list including personal ones that do not permit public use.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilliamTeller

Staff member
These dead hosts have been removed: fapomatic.com, pixpal.net, imageporter.com, and imgempire.com

damimage and imagefox will be removed Wednesday so please make adjustments. It's likely that the other similar hosts will also be removed (imagedecode, imageteam, imgproof, and jovoimage). It would behoove you to switch to a host other than one of these.

WilliamTeller

Staff member
imgadult.com and imgs.it added to the allowed hosts list. imgpaying is already on the allowed list; they don't need any more of their alternates.

imageeer.com has been removed from the list.

We'll review more hosts after the new year.

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
As per the published notice, action has been taken by imgpaying.com, so they're being given another chance.

WilliamTeller

Staff member
Hosts added:

imgtaxi.com
ultraimg.com
deltashare.net

If you have a problem with any of the hosts on our list, please post a thumbnail example of the host in the [thread=2068380]request thread[/thread] along with your reasoning for staff to evaluate them.

Thanks,

WT

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
as long as I'm annoyed about people too lazy to read first post in this thread, I will give 5 infraction points to whoever posts here something like:

• why img-fucker isn't allowed?

• please add img-fucker to your list

• etc

WT clearly said we have a special thread for imagehosts considerations HERE, use it!

WilliamTeller

Staff member
Imagedecode has been removed from our hosts list and links will now be censored due to their phishing/virus schemes.

25 Jan 2014 add:

imageteam, imgproof, and jovoimage have all been removed from our list because of their ties to imagedecode. Failure to adequately check your advertisers before implementing them on your site is a security risk that we will not be subjecting our members to.

Dead hosts imgftw and miragepics have been removed as well.

I cleaned this thread of all the chat. Only posts that pertain to hosts being added or removed will be left in here and I will trim those to keep this thread down to a single page.

WilliamTeller

Staff member
Imgtrex.com has been added to the list of approved hosts.

keeper31

Staff member
Postimage.org does not work for me. When I click on a thumbnail it takes me to the homepage and thats it. I am using firefox with the normal security. I this a normal problem?

Hello,

I just want to know what the problem with ImgTrex? I think we can solve the problem if you tell me what's the problem with ads exactly. Thank you for your answer!

Greetings,
PuTa
Here is an example of a problem someone posted:

When I go onto someone's site and something like this pops up, I don't ever go back to that site. Especially when the malware locks up my pc. And that is not something we want happening here. We want people to be safe and feel safe when they visit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.