Bulk Image Downloader

james111

Hi,

About a month ago bulk image downloader stopped working for me, for this forum. I paid for BID and have been using it fine for about 2 years, is there a reason it's stopped working for me now? Apologies if there's another post covering this, I can't find any.

If this in the wrong forum can a mod please move it? Thanks.

james111

I have the opposite situation. It just started working on sites it never worked on before, What are you trying to download with it that no longer works.
I can't download any galleries from kittykats, at all anymore. I'll take one at random: http://kitty-kats.net/threads/anita-b-presenting-anita-by-ingret.2530704/

The job flicks through a few different states, very quickly. I can see the words status forbidden along with a few error codes flash up. I can view that url in a browser fine, so the imagehost isn't banned by my ISP, and I ran through the (few) support options at http://bulkimagedownloader.com/contact/ ... does anyone have any suggestions? I paid for BID and it's been working well for a long time, but now it's useless.

How are you trying to dl it? I use chrome and BID works fine on that link as long as I open up BID using the app shortcut alongside my browser. If I highlight all of the images and then right click to open BID, it doesn't work at all. If you haven't tried it that way and you can, try it. Otherwise you might have a program conflicting with BID. You could always remove it and then re-dl it to see if it works.

james111

How are you trying to dl it? I use chrome and BID works fine on that link as long as I open up BID using the app shortcut alongside my browser. If I highlight all of the images and then right click to open BID, it doesn't work at all. If you haven't tried it that way and you can, try it. Otherwise you might have a program conflicting with BID. You could always remove it and then re-dl it to see if it works.
Thanks for getting back. I'm on chrome and use the BID drop box and either drag the url from the title bar, or copy and paste it onto the drop box. When it stopped working I tried everything (including manually pasting the link into BID itself), but it looks like the problem isn't adding the url to BID, it's BID can't download the galleries. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling BID.

CtrlAltJ

This may be because KK recently changed their policy, re: anonymous browsing. You need to be logged into the site to download now. BID can log in with your creds automatically to DL images, but: your browser needs to allow cookies, BID needs to know where to find your cookies, and you need to have a cookie with your creds for KK.

On the BID Configuration tab, look for "If not launched from a browser context menu, load cookies from:". The menu pull-down lists a handful of browsers. The only browser that I can get BID to work with consistently is FireFox. Which I don't use, so I have an installation of FF _just_ for creating cookies for BID.

Easy test to see if this is your problem:
[1.] Browse a gallery page on KK, and right-click / use the BID addon to download. It should work, regardless of your cookie settings.
[2.] Launch BID independently of your browser. Cut-and-Paste a KK gallery page URL into BID and try to download. If you cannot download, BID can't find a cookie for KK.

james111

I was signing in, but I was using incognito mode. I switched to non-incognito and now it works. Thanks.