Cam Model Protection Anti-piracy service?!?

The_Knot

I was on MissLuscious' (MFC) profile page and see that she subscribes to this. Supposedly is a service that searches the internet for caps etc. of Cam Models and automatically gets them taken down. This strikes me as an enormous rip-off. Is there anyway this is even remotely effective? Seems like a complete joke.....

Code:
https://cammodelprotection.com/
I especially like the part where White Knights can buy a subscription for their favorite model....LOL

edvikt

These services have been around for a while now. They can be sort of annoying, but nothing more, all we have to do is duplicate our files on the service and simply copy the new link and paste it. We don't even have to re-upload content. It amazes me that models pay hundreds of dollars for some service to go around and dmca content, like it at all matters.

bobtheduck

I thought that, in the case of MFC, that the models sign over their rights to content, so that MFC owns the content, not the models. So, the only ones who can do a DMCA claim are the owners of the content. Isn't that right?

Michael Moran

I'm pretty sure models just grant MFC an unlimited license to the content, which is NOT the same thing as transferring ownership.

BOZZOO

I thought that, in the case of MFC, that the models sign over their rights to content, so that MFC owns the content, not the models. So, the only ones who can do a DMCA claim are the owners of the content. Isn't that right?
that is correct. MFC even warns that the content might be recorded and uploaded to the net. basically tellin them that MFC isnt going to be bothered to pursue cappers. (hope they dont change their minds:D)

fux0rz

This shit is laughable because some camgirls think they're losing money from people downloading their caps (they aren't) so they spend hundreds a month trying to get them taken down, for nothing. So their greediness turns a non existent loss of money to an actual loss of money.

agnios

I am fairly sure that they are trying to get their premium content removed... at least that is what got one of these anti-piracy groups after my ass. They are apparently now reporting literally every link I post up because of the ginny links

AbsoluteSolar

I am fairly sure that they are trying to get their premium content removed... at least that is what got one of these anti-piracy groups after my ass. They are apparently now reporting literally every link I post up because of the ginny links
That is because it was started by a Ginny regular white knight. They have to be careful though submitting a false DCMA is a criminal offence

agnios

That is because it was started by a Ginny regular white knight. They have to be careful though submitting a false DCMA is a criminal offence
that would require a file service to actually contest a DMCA takedown, would it not?

agnios

if her main concern is her friends finding out that she is a cam model... she really should find another job

JojoB

Nope it can be the person who had the video taken down. If they believe the person submitting the DCMA doesn't have the permission to submit it
It just seems VERY difficult to actually contest DCMA takedown in a lot of cases which is whey they can so easily get away with mass reporting.

AbsoluteSolar

It just seems VERY difficult to actually contest DCMA takedown in a lot of cases which is whey they can so easily get away with mass reporting.
The problem is DCMA is not used correctly , people put in requests and it is automatically taken down when it shouldn't be. The rules actually state you have to prove you are the copyright owner or have written express permission to act on their behalf. As most sites can't be bothered to risk it they just take it down as standard, which is the wrong message to send as this is why the abuse has started and continues.

if her main concern is her friends finding out that she is a cam model... she really should find another job
It is an occupational risk of a cam girl. If they go into it believing that blocking their state is going to give them anonymity then they are more stupid than they are led to believe. As most states have close borders to others and it is IP based it is likely that they will get found. Most cam girls know that there is a chance their family can find out but they like the money first.

fux0rz

AS, I think you are right. They ARE more stupid than even they appear to be. :D
Attractive women in general have a warped view of reality. They're used to having their cake and eating it too. That's why they feel like they should be able to swim, but they shouldn't get wet, they should be able to get on cam be seen with thousands of people, and then complain about the lack of "privacy".

Maybe cam sites are to blame too, because they sort of imply that models will have privacy by blocking their city/state etc. They should have a huge disclaimer saying that once you get on cam, your shows will be on the internet for ever.

If you want to get on cam and make as much money as a brain surgeon by shaking your ass and playing with your cunt, the cost of that is your privacy, deal with it, or go flip burgers.

edvikt

It amazes me how far off people are when they guess the income of the MFC models. Just to finish around number 30 for the month, an MFC model has to earn more than $18,000 (that varies, but it's a lot of damn money) for that month. So you can imagine what it takes to finish top 5 for the month. Even the girls that finish 200-250 each month, earn at least $5,000 for the month.

Bananasalad

Well, with an average you have tons of girls who get on for 5 hours a month to make some party/last minute rent money, I'm sure that skews all the numbers downwards. Even a lot of the more regular girls are on for less than 10 hours a week, so it's hard to compare what is basically part time work to a full time salary.

The girls that are on almost every day, as long as they maintain a decent camscore, are making plenty of money, particularly once they get into the top 250 or so.

that is correct. MFC even warns that the content might be recorded and uploaded to the net. basically tellin them that MFC isnt going to be bothered to pursue cappers. (hope they dont change their minds:D)
It would cost them a fortune that they are not willing to do. I'm sure for public stuff MFC doesn't give a shit as it is still free advertising (provided model names, etc. are listed with the video).

This shit is laughable because some camgirls think they're losing money from people downloading their caps (they aren't) so they spend hundreds a month trying to get them taken down, for nothing. So their greediness turns a non existent loss of money to an actual loss of money.
This is their biggest argument along with 'being caught by friends/family'. They have already made the money for the show. People who download the videos are likely never going to be tippers for them and in some cases people who download them find out about said model and end up buying tokens and tipping them. Some of the smarter models whom I discussed this point with understand this simple concept, while the vast majority who have blinders on will continue to think wrongly.

In some cases that is correct about the premium content. However most of these services just use bots so once they follow your postings they just have the bots search for new links and when they are found they are mass reported.

I thought it was someone connected with LucieLuvit?

that would require a file service to actually contest a DMCA takedown, would it not?
Nope it can be the person who had the video taken down. If they believe the person submitting the DCMA doesn't have the permission to submit it
As Solar stated the poster would have to do it. Models do not understand that falsifying information on a DMCA is an offence. So reporting something you do not own a copyright too and then putting a fake name,

This is a real shady scumbag, he tried to start some cam modelling agency http://istudio57.com/ tried to make money via crowdfunding with something called "the white knight project" http://istudio57.com/blog/white-knight-project,
I guess cammodelprotection.com is his latest attempt to extract money from camwhores & whiteknights.
This is where my comment regarding LucieLuvit comes into question. She is part of the iStudio57 'modeling agency'. Not sure if that is strictly professional or if she is part of the ownership or somehow hitched to the guy running it, but the fact that she is one of their poster girls speaks volumes.

There is always someone around though looking to actually take money from the models, and they claim cappers are the bad guys? I remember a few years back a guy who extorted money from models claiming he had an application that could actively tell them if someone was recording them. Models and some of their fans paid this guys a hefty sum for fuck all.

At the end of the day though there really is no reasoning with a lot of models. I stopped bothering with that ages ago as it is just a waste of time. I'm friendly with a few of them who were smart enough to realize their views were skewed.