Datafile premium - HOW?

son_of_dad

I tried to upgrade to a premium account but had my card declined, tried again with a prepaid card again declined. Tried once more using 'payanyway' said card country invalid.

What the frak is the trick with DF I have no issues with k2s or RG accounts?

Sinister6

Bump. I tried to renew yesterday and today with the same card as always and says payment declined. You ask me Datafile is a fucking joke as far as renewing because you never know if you will be able to.

El Duderino

I've been having the same problem as the rest of you. I've been a premium member of datafile for two years. I got a new card from the same bank as the last one and the transaction keeps being declined. I e-mailed them and they said it was probably being declined because the transaction is coming from China. Then they told me to just go through a reseller or use bitcoin. Guess I won't be using datafile premium anymore....

lumberman

Same here, no response from "contact us" message, no phone number available, many of the posts that I like are "premium members only"!!!

badgerboy60

Same issue as everyone else. There is now a clue as to why the once trusty credit card is no longer working. DF's credit authorization is requiring something called 3DShare approval. I've googled 3DShare and my bank claims its uses it, but nothing on their web site says my card actually has 3DShare authorization. I probably know the answer to this question, but DF uses an intermediate site called QwikPay. Its easy enough to set up a login there, but I am still leery of inputting my credit card information on this web site. Has anyone tried this route?

Yeah, Qwikpay seems to be halfway decent. But there is a whole list of resellers, many of them who use Paypal, here:

http://www.datafile.com/resellers.html

The 6 month account seems to be the best deal if you don't want to commit to a year sub. That is assuming there is plenty of content that you like posted with DF. But check them all because many of them have different prices.

If you buy one, they will send you an activation code. You log into your free account and then enter that code. Normally it's pretty quick to activate it.

And if you do get a DF account, always click on your Profile from time to time to see how much download bandwidth you have left. Most sites give you so much per day or every few days. DF gives it all to you to do what you like. So it is possible to blow through all of your bandwidth long before the account expires.

BOZZOO

Thanks for the tip. A little confusing, but it worked. Got premium.
congrats on ur new premium datafile acct.

guess what? its going to be replaced and soon. hope u didnt get a real long membership. but there are other places it will come in handy.

i tried to give them ideas on options to get away from this silly reliance on the hosts, and do away with the "premium only" files, as they wouldnt be needed but WTF do i know, right? Admins, let me know if want me to tell u again, maybe we can save this forum.