DMCA

Falcon_369

I see many cam model rooms, with the dmca logos plastered over their screens & I don't know why, when I see many of their videos on lots of forums & cam video sites, do some models just put dmca just to deter people from recording them ( yeah I'm slow on this dmca thing ) because I've seen recordings without the dmca on the screen, clever people are able to remove that logo off the screen?.

I know dmca is a copyright act, but not sure how it works for the models, when so much stuff is recorded.

I'd appreciate any enlightenment on the dmca for cam models.

Last edited by a moderator:

VonRaschke

It's akin to putting a sign for home security outside your home without actually having a security system. Deters some, but not all.

As for the overlay, it depends if it's put in their via the source (meaning from the girl's own computer and webcam software) or the lazy way via an html object placed over the video player on the webpage.

Falcon_369

It's akin to putting a sign for home security outside your home without actually having a security system. Deters some, but not all.

As for the overlay, it depends if it's put in their via the source (meaning from the girl's own computer and webcam software) or the lazy way via an html object placed over the video player on the webpage.
Yeah that was what I thought, so some are fake like some of their shows.:D

The enlarged logo of the dmca is annoying, I asked a model once if she could remove or shrink it, because it was spoiling the view, she replied with a ban.:D:D

snappitysnap

Usually you can block it with an ad blocking program (I block most of them with AdBlock Plus). Assuming it's the html object variety. I don't even record, it just annoys me.