Filefox support

Red Baron

.......this is the message from FileFox after i used a VPN
Error
You've tried to download from 2 different IPs in the last 3 hours. You will not be able to download for 3 hours.

am i using the vpn wrong? is there some setup that needs to be done on my end?
David - any official view on VPN from FileFox?

FileFox

@Red Baron, thanks for the info. As you can see the issues really might be on the ISP side.

@androd, it's a message from the security system. In this case we recommend to contact our support to get help.

alleyes

My ISP is Virgin Media in the UK - who is yours marcopoly?
Please note that I (and others highlighting the problem) didn't experience problems with other filehosts.
I appreciate your input NOS911 but I suspect that the real reason is more likely to be that FF have expanded too rapidly for their server capacity, or have been having server reliability problems.
As regards number of complaints, I suspect that very few FF users are aware that this thread exists, and that the majority who have speed problems simply put up with it. I suspect that these comments are the tip of the iceberg - I wouldn't have mentioned it had I not been having other problems with FF, as had some of the other posters.

alleyes

Add me to the growing list of users with very slow (hours to download) premium users. So far no reply from FF

androd

my ISP is spectrum in US east coast. last night i was getting 1.0 mb to 1.5mb around 11:30 pm,this morning 10:30 am 50kb to 100kb. server capacity issue or ISP?

FileFox

@alleyes, @androd, thanks for the information. We are working on all of cases with the issues like this and ask you to provide all details to our support team to help us resolve all these cases as soon as possible.

marcopoly

My ISP is Virgin Media in the UK - who is yours marcopoly?
Please note that I (and others highlighting the problem) didn't experience problems with other filehosts.
I appreciate your input NOS911 but I suspect that the real reason is more likely to be that FF have expanded too rapidly for their server capacity, or have been having server reliability problems.
As regards number of complaints, I suspect that very few FF users are aware that this thread exists, and that the majority who have speed problems simply put up with it. I suspect that these comments are the tip of the iceberg - I wouldn't have mentioned it had I not been having other problems with FF, as had some of the other posters.
My ISP is Orange France. Filefox replied me, i made some diagnostics and sent them. Filefox servers are on Leaseweb host in Nederland. So i tested speed from one of NL mirror of Leaseweb (mirror.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net) and it was ok. If it was a peering problem, speed should be bad.

Red Baron

Downloading the same file in parallel:
ISP Virgin Media (UK)
Chrome (no VPN) - 350/550 KB/s
Opera (Integral VPN) - 3.5MB/s

Last edited by a moderator:

donb2012

WTF! the links here for filefox are SUPER SLOW! I don't have any issues with download speed with other sites using filefox. I think it's time for other options for downloading files here ASAP.