K2S and card fraud

DoctorFate

Update: I contacted my bank, they reverted the transaction (or at least they offered me a refund, they will do that for you in the UK). They guy from K2S support was not very friendly or helpful. He kept insisting that I must have bought something else. "Listen buddy, I am not making you responsible for this, but I am just letting you know that fraudsters got my account details through your rebilling company".

VolponView

Why don't you guys take advantage of a sale/special on a lifetime Premium Account when they have them? One and done. That's what I did. No more worries.

Harbinger

Interestingly enough I had the exact same thing happen to me, and stupidly I had tried 3 different credit cards to purchase an account, and all 3 have been cancelled by the banks themselves due to fraudulent activity. Including the Chinese bank withdrawals people have been mentioning. And Keep2Share help is absolutely worthless, and I would never even dream of giving them my info again even if they are supposedly trying to help me.

Fortunately I eventually setup Bitcoin and purchased it that way a few months ago, as I will never give my CC info to any of these people ever again.

squidgy123

I usually get a visa gift card here in the uk to get a K2S account every now and then and any remaining balance I'll spend on amazon etc then bin the card as it has no use so that's quite a safe way to buy an account.

Guido_Fawkes

squidgy123: I'm looking for an alternative payment method to paying by Bank Debit Card to renew my subscription to K2S. Could you explain which of the K2S screens you use to make the payment. Further the renewal is in US$. Do you buy a dollar gift card or sterling gift card?

squidgy123

Its a Sterling visa gift card works out at £12.74 for 1 month , Not sure what you mean by which payment screen to use , I just select the visa option never had a problem doing it that way :)

Guido_Fawkes

squidgy123; thanks for your reply and I'm sorry if you found my request confusing. I had a fairly good idea that the Visa Gift card, in all but name, is the same as, and operates the same as a Visa Debit Card. Anyway I needed that confirmation, as well as knowing the entry screen to use, from someone who knows. Payment to someone like K2S is a minefield. I am certain that they are responsible for the problems I've had with my bank account and I'll never again use my card to pay them.
Thanks again.

squidgy123

No probs :) , Yep I've had a load of dodgy transactions on some of the gift cards I've used in the past that's why I use them , Would never use my normal card on K2S or any site similar , I did use one just on amazon as a test and didn't get any rouge transactions on that one so it's definitely the K2S site.

The first time I tried to sign up for a K2S account I bought a prepaid Visa. Researched online and made sure it was one that could be used for international transactions. K2S rejected it. After that I switched to buying through a reseller using Paysafecard USA and had zero problems. Unfortunately shortly after my most recent re-up I got an email saying they will no longer accept the US version of Paysafecard. Anyone know of a reseller who does? Had I known they were going that route I would've bitten the bullet and bought a lifetime sub.

BOZZOO

Had I known they were going that route I would've bitten the bullet and bought a lifetime sub.
do u REALLY want to give that kind of money to ANY business that all of a sudden are rejecting cards from where ever?

u get a prem acct and then they no longer take ur card. whats next? u buy a lifetime acct. and when they get the count of lifetime accts theyre happy with in a month 3, 5, whenever and POOF theyre gone. i mean, they did say LIFETIME, they meant THEIR (sites) lifetime, however long that is. 1 month something works the next month the same method dont. doesnt seem like a good idea to give $100~ to an entity w/ that kind of track record.

I get what you're saying, but if I could go back in time to when the reseller I was using still accepted Paysafecard US (which is prepaid) and buy a lifetime sub to K2S, why would I care if the reseller stopped taking it a month later? I would already have gotten what I wanted and wouldn't need to deal with any reseller ever again.

BOZZOO

why would I care if the reseller stopped taking it a month later? I would already have gotten what I wanted and wouldn't need to deal with any reseller ever again.
not the reseller, the file host. the host may disappear, and so will ur premium acct AND ur money. it looks to me like these hosts are subtly trying to get ppl to the lifetimes so when/if they go poof, they still have ur money. i know k2s has been around awhile now, but im leary of whats happening that they are no longer giving the shorter term prem accts, thus pushing ppl to the longer term in hopes of not having to deal w/ their acct not being able to be renewed ..then poof.

BOZZOO

Are they? First I've heard of it. They're still offering all their accounts on their website.
oooops...my mistake. they are indeed.

but i am still apprehensive of any of them that u used to be able to get the prem acct from them directly, now are forced to use a reseller. little shit like that makes me watch them w/ a jaundiced eye.

zippytdu

I too am a two time victim of what I am 99% sure is K2S fraud.
Card I used for only very select charges.
Both times my bank caught the fraud and now after looking at my history since the card was reissued, I am certain K2S is the source.
Do a google search on Keep2Share fraud and see how many complaints there are!
Why would a business do this to their loyal customers, makes no sense.....unless you're Chinese who I deal with for MANY years.
What is senseless to Westerner's doesn't compute the same way in the "take a chance" Chinese mentality.

I like the wide variety of content available from K2S, but will never provide them with my credit info and frankly it creeps me out they even have my name and address!

So I will research single use gift cards or bitcoin.

Contact K2S support and let a Chinese Bank investigate, you have to be fucking kidding me!

BOZZOO

or bitcoin.
i looked into the bitcoin option, id feel safer w/ the chinese bank. the BC sellers alot of time want a copy of ur drivers license or picture ID before they will sell to u. members here say that BC is real safe. maybe from the members wallet to k2s is safe, but from the seller to my wallet is asking for trouble, basically the same trouble u have w/ the chinese bank.

Rodzila

just saw your post i opened the same post. card info stolen for the second time..
is buying bitcoin safer?

i looked into the bitcoin option, id feel safer w/ the chinese bank. the BC sellers alot of time want a copy of ur drivers license or picture ID before they will sell to u. members here say that BC is real safe. maybe from the members wallet to k2s is safe, but from the seller to my wallet is asking for trouble, basically the same trouble u have w/ the chinese bank.
I found a solution online that I've used successfully several times now. Google "linden dollars to bitcoin" and read up on VirWox. I've got a lifetime sub to K2S now but on the rare occasions I buy DF or DepFile subs it's come in handy.