K2S link to support KK?

BadDawg

Global Moderator
Staff member
glamrocker

The only options I'm seeing for payment at Keep2Share are Stable Coins, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency or Resellers. What option are you trying to use? I have had no issues with other filehosts using Bitcoin. I can't speak to Keep2Share as I've had a lifetime membership for many years there at this point.

Guido_Fawkes

Any suggestions as to what is happening to Keep2Share. I'm trying to renew my subscription. Want Kitty-Kats to benefit also. Looks a bit complicated and expensive given there are more options. Any information would be welcome.

BadDawg

Global Moderator
Staff member
It appears "Premium" membership at K2S has all the standard options for payment including credit card. For whatever reason "Premium Pro" membership has Crypto and Resellers, but no credit card option. Maybe a glitch in their payment programming at the moment.

Guido_Fawkes

What kind of issues are you having when you say "complicated and expensive"?

Guido_Fawkes

Thanks BadDawg for responding. When I select to pay a message appears stating they are not able to accept my payment, or words to that effect. Im trying to pay by Visa as usual. What I am left with is a multiple choice of alternatives. I know nothing about these other organisations. Over the time I have used the Internet I have had my bank account robbed four times. What I see on the screen now does not fill me with confidence. Some of the options that I have looked at do not appear to be well progammed. And why the need for a third party? Im not confortable wth the experience.

BadDawg

Global Moderator
Staff member
I have heard stories over the years that have made me leary of using credit cards with filehosts, but have never had any personal experience with an issue. I've used Bitcoin for several years as a safe form of online payment in these situations. But I know it can be a bit of a learning curve to get started with.

Guido_Fawkes

You have found a way of dealing safely with payments on the net. Thats good but bitcoins isnt something I wish to get involved with for the reasons you have stated. I think I am looking for guidence as to which of the options are best. Thanks for your efforts they are much appreciated.

Rimmer

Yes it's rather difficult to obtain a K2S subscription at the moment. All popular payment methods like Paypal or direct CC are blocked due to K2S being based in Russia (due to Ukraine war). I can't even make a payment with Alipay as it's only allowing people from China to make payments to K2S.

Anybody have any luck with one of the payment methods other than crypto?

cazycathy

Was finally going to subscribe to K2S thru here but if I cant use Paypal looks like I'll just have to flag it. I don't like the idea of dealing direct as twice in the past my online credit card was hacked and both times K2S was the only thing I'd used the card on.

Guido_Fawkes

Just had occasion to contact K2S. Notified them that their system for renewing subscriptions leaves a lot to be desired. It is too complicated. The organisation allows a subscriber to complete the forms and. at confirmation, fails. Knowing the submission is going to fail should be messaged at the front end so that we don't have to go further. Believe me they know it will fail. I have had confirmation.
They suggested using, and recommended, using a 'reseller'. Boy is that an abortion about to happen.
I need to point out that I'm trying to pay by Bank Card, I refuse to use any other form of payment. Furthermore I've been trying to pay for the last two weeks and have submitted tickets stating the problem.