Really wish posters would say when something is a repost/old

Stonegarden

oggy90's post in the Internet-Models General Forum titled "Brittany & Sherri - On A Weekend Photoshoot! Full" is not new, but as usual he doesn't say that anywhere.
It's actually from 2014 with file name "WeekendShoot.mp4".

Waste of bandwidth and time downloading just to discover that.

Wish there was a Forum requirement that if a poster is going to publish old material, they put the original posting date or otherwise indicate that it is OLD stuff.

IveGotKrabs

I personally think they should just re-up it in the original thread and bump that thread. But I guess by making a new thread each time, it increases their post count.

But I don't share content so my opinion matters little :p

Harbinger

I agree with this completely. I am convinced that it is done intentionally too, as there is literally no reason to do it the way he does except to generate mistaken repeat traffic. I've given up downloading anything KT-SO related for that specific reason because it is constantly being rebranded as new. Some of us can't tell from a single screenshot that it is something we have already.

reemul

The celebrity section is just as bad. There are at least two posters who make identical reposts weeks or months after the original, with the same name and content. Especially when the post title is notably quirky, I think that this must be an update and wonder what's new, only to see that the post is showing as newly created and has no replies. Spam. I know I've seen "Lea Michele destroyed a dress with her body" come up as a new post at least twice, maybe more. What's worse, I'm pretty sure those stupid post titles are all coming from the same celeb gossip blog. Just garbage.

I personally think they should just re-up it in the original thread and bump that thread. But I guess by making a new thread each time, it increases their post count.

But I don't share content so my opinion matters little :p
Post counts really don't matter here.

Ideally, re-upping the dead thread is the best way to do it but sometimes it's just easier and faster to make a new single post thread.

But if he labeled something as "old" how would he make money off the downloads? ;)
Old or new, it doesn't really matter. If people don't have it, they will want it. Some of my most popular threads are old sites.

The celebrity section is just as bad. There are at least two posters who make identical reposts weeks or months after the original, with the same name and content. Especially when the post title is notably quirky, I think that this must be an update and wonder what's new, only to see that the post is showing as newly created and has no replies. Spam. I know I've seen "Lea Michele destroyed a dress with her body" come up as a new post at least twice, maybe more. What's worse, I'm pretty sure those stupid post titles are all coming from the same celeb gossip blog. Just garbage.
That's what the report button is for. Please report duplicate threads and they will be removed. Just make sure you provide a link to the original thread when reporting duplicates.

Lazarus

Post counts really don't matter here.
Ideally, re-upping the dead thread is the best way to do it but sometimes it's just easier and faster to make a new single post thread.

Old or new, it doesn't really matter. If people don't have it, they will want it. Some of my most popular threads are old sites.
He didn't mean old as in the content is from an old website, but old in that this content had been previously posted (by the very same poster).

The standard for re-upping material is what Modelshrek does with his threads, which is to simply update the thread with a new post to indicate they've been re-upped. This makes it very clear that it's the same content and doesn't clutter the board with another thread. This is even more important when the content is something like a camshow for which there is no standard title or number associated with it. I don't find it difficult to re-up threads, but even if there are reasons why creating a new thread is better or easier, most follow the convention of using the same title for the content and adding the words "re-upped" or similar in the title or body.

Should an experienced poster regularly do neither of these, I think it's cause for criticism and some cynicism.

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
Surely its upto the individual poster if they label it new or old or update a existing thread(unless the forum rules state otherwise),what really gets me is that people who contribute nothing to the site by way of content (and probably dont even buy premium accounts using the referral link)feel they should criticize those who do.
Be grateful that someone has chosen to share the content you want for free.

Sly_Fry

Surely its upto the individual poster if they label it new or old or update a existing thread(unless the forum rules state otherwise),what really gets me is that people who contribute nothing to the site by way of content (and probably dont even buy premium accounts using the referral link)feel they should criticize those who do.
And by free one means with the purchase of a premium membership. :)

I'm not a "regular" content poster, but have posted content. I've also bought many premium accounts through the board over the years...including my current one.

So, by your sentiments, I'm allowed an opinion on the matter. When the same person keeps reposting the same content and not using the same thread or labeling as old it's deceitful. kinda shady and adds un-needed threads to the board.

Just one guys opinion.

oggy90

Sorry guys! A lot of re-up requests in my PM, I do not have much time to meet them all! firstly they are about OLD stuff... a lot of new members on KK every day.. it is impossible to please all.. All new stuff is dated...Many people wants old stuff too (for different reasons) sorry if I named wrong title in some old threads... All links free! Enjoy!

Stonegarden

Yes, never suggest an improvement to the way things are done to anyone. Wouldn't want it to be any better, right? :rolleyes:
Stop trying to twist this thread into something it isn't.
Premium or not, I'm frustrated after wasting time downloading 400+ MB size files I've already seen before but didn't realize it, especially in this environment of data caps these days.

oggy90, please understand that we all really appreciate your posts. Seriously, I do at least!
But please, if you know it is old content that you've posted before, just add a simple indication that it is old in the post somewhere or put the original date it was posted on the source site or something.
Just so that it is easier to see that it is something that people might have downloaded already the first time or "This is by request" or something. Thank you.

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
Im not trying to twist this thread in any way,i quite simply don't get the whole argument.A person takes the time to upload content and share it for free and people still find a way to bitch its ridiculous.
Every poster here is required to provide screenshots of the content so if you download something you already have that's your fault not the posters.

Lazarus

Im not trying to twist this thread in any way,i quite simply don't get the whole argument.A person takes the time to upload content and share it for free and people still find a way to bitch its ridiculous.
Every poster here is required to provide screenshots of the content so if you download something you already have that's your fault not the posters.
I understand your concern and I don't appreciate it either when people feel entitled. While I've no where near posted the quantity of content that regular posters have, and I've not posted anything recently, I've posted a good amount of content in the past year or two. Not only have I bought premium memberships to support the board, but I've bought several so that I can provide my content via various services as a courtesy to those who can't afford to do so for multiple services. I think the original post was reasonable and not bitching, in part, because I've observed the same thing and I've not observed it amongst the many other regular posters who post just as often.

Sorry guys! A lot of re-up requests in my PM, I do not have much time to meet them all! firstly they are about OLD stuff... a lot of new members on KK every day.. it is impossible to please all.. All new stuff is dated...Many people wants old stuff too (for different reasons) sorry if I named wrong title in some old threads... All links free! Enjoy!
While my observations were not specifically directed at oggy90, I do think they largely apply to him and I should have at least PM'ed him first, or after my post, to just give him a heads up as a courtesy and as an indication of good faith. I didn't do that out of laziness and it'd be fair to be critical of my post for that, so I apologize for that.

Stonegarden

We can argue until the end of time, and NOT agree with each other.

When a site is posting new material and a poster is posting both that new material and old (already posted) material as a new thread, I think the re-posted material should be noted in the description text. It's that simple. If you don't get that, well, too bad.

Sly_Fry

First off, my initial response to your initial post was a bit on the rude side. Wasn't my intention...I simply took issue with your stance of "if your not a regular poster you have no right to an opinion".

We ALL have a right to an opinion, just like you have the right to disagree with anyone else's opinion.

This board does require screens, true...however it doesn't seem to require storyline thumbnails. That display screens from beginning to end in various moments throughout the video. When your talking about some models videos, and especially webcams...it can be EXTREMELY difficult to tell if you already have something based on 3 or 4 random screens.

The basic point of this thread is some people just wish that when a poster reposts content they've already posted they simply add "Reup" or "Repost" to the title...doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.

Now, I'm not looking for drama or an argument, I simply wanted to clarify my opinion on the matter and leave it at that.

Harbinger

I've purchased a premium account with practically every filehost this board has used in the past couple of years, so I feel I'm on equal footing with those "content providers" since I contribute directly to the board's welfare in other ways. Regardless, if someone isn't meeting the needs of their downloaders and we eventually stop even looking at their posts because we're tired of their practices, you'd think they would want to know how to improve, just like any good "business." Simply not going to a business anymore certainly works, but if you provide them some feedback maybe it will become a place you want to keep going. That's how I picture this thread, as constructive criticism.

Anyway, my addition is that perhaps it would be easier to identify a re-up if there was a single thread per model, like 95% of the uploaders seem to be capable of doing. There are particular models, provided by particular uploaders, that have a new thread made for EVERY upload. Not only is that cluttering and distracting to the subforum in general (and particularly annoying to me), it makes it difficult to "watch" a thread via the forum watch feature to see when something new is posted. CKDK, Janjaweed, Modelshrek, Don't Panic, etc. are great at keeping things to a single thread, and I enjoy being able to login to the site and see my alerts and go directly to the new posts I know I want to see. If you make a new thread every time, I am much more likely to miss it because I don't feel like paging through every post one by one for something I'm not even aware exists. And then throw in the fact that this thread is addressing, that it might be something I've already downloaded before but you just "re-upped it in a new thread because it is easier" and didn't indicate that it was old, well, eventually I stop even looking at your threads. So tell me, if that is what happens, who does that help? Not me, and not the person looking to get my download. Really, how hard is it to have one thread for your uploads of a particular model? If someone else is also uploading that model, you both either need to work it out between you and post in one thread, or at the very least each have your own thread and the one that posts first gets dibs on that particular video. My opinion anyway, obviously I'm not in charge.

The "new thread per video" is kind of a separate pet peeve of mine, but I feel it plays into this topic quite well because it is almost universally those new threads that end up being reposted content, it almost never happens in the mega-threads, so I felt it was relevant.

Agreed.

However, not everyone has quick and easy access to their hard drives that the material is stored on. So what's more efficient, OP adding "Re-upped" to the thread title or a bunch of people digging through their collection to see if they have it or not.

That's just how I look at things as an uploader.

Stonegarden

Agreed.

However, not everyone has quick and easy access to their hard drives that the material is stored on. So what's more efficient, OP adding "Re-upped" to the thread title or a bunch of people digging through their collection to see if they have it or not.

That's just how I look at things as an uploader.
Exactly. Which is more efficient for everyone:
a) Uploader specifies "re-up" (x 1 uploader)
or
b) Every downloader has to look through their collection to determine if they already have it or not. (x 150+ downloaders = 150+ times as much work)

Thanks everyone for their input. Great discussion and I feel good after venting. Have fun, it is what it is all about!

VonRaschke

Compelling arguments, but what is the point of renaming an old file and uploading it? I mean, other than to trick people into downloading the same file again. It's a bit silly to expect everyone to have total recall when it comes to preview screens when if the poster in the first place didn't rename the file then others with the file already could have spared themselves the disappointment and waste of time & resources.

Sharing content = Yay!
Trying to trick people into boosting your premium downloads as high as possible = Boo!

To go one step further: why does sharing have to not be about "sharing", but instead a means to make money? I was a VIP member on WP many, many moons ago and just about everyone shared for the sake of sharing, not to deceive or make money off other's shares and/or content.

Last edited by a moderator: