Search not working properly

yandex

four weeks and counting. will this be fixed soon?
Hopefully,as has been said, it seems that the people here in touch with us have no power of this issue, let's hope the people in background realize the impact this issue has been having on site usage. KK has been very reliable for me for stuff of a lot of studios, I know when I search here everything there is will be presented to me. But now that reliability is no longer there and I am sadly forced to use other sites for searching models' sets and verifying from other sources how many are there and how many are being shown :(

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
I know the issue has been raised with the people responsible but as of yet I don't think anyone has heard anything back.

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
posting the same complain once a week won't speed up the issue resolution. I think we (mods) have given you all the information we have, now it's all in the hands of the tech-admin... anyway I will try to give you a definitive answer to your unbearable question

Q: how much time it will need?
A: we don't know

yandex

Yeah well, it seems there are deep trouble financially as said by Shrek. But on the other hand this is not a small matter that can be ignored, I have moved almost all of my usage to other boards when I want to search content, which is most of the time. Only use here is browsing the new posts, even then, say you check up after a few days you gotta scroll through hundreds of posts to find the one you are looking for.

yandex

Sorry to complain again, ofcourse there must be reasons why this hasn't been resolved yet, but I just want to say that this is a very vital component of this site, not something that in my opinion can be delayed deeming as optional until conditions become favorable. This should be on top of the priority list.

MArtLover

Hey Guys.
Don't forget/did you know - you can use Google to search any website for any keyword/s.
For instance to search Kitty-Kats for Nancy A sets type in the address bar or Google search bar "site:kitty-kats.net nancy a" notice there is no space between "site:" and the website name ie "kitty-kats.net".
For more information on this method just Google "use google to search a website"

Last edited by a moderator:

djs1974

Hey Guys.
Don't forget/did you know - you can use Google to search any website for any keyword/s.
For instance to search Kitty-Kats for Nancy A sets type in the address bar or Google search bar "site:kitty-kats.net nancy a" notice there is no space between "site:" and the website name ie "kitty-kats.net".
For more information on this method just Google "use google to search a website"
alternatively they could fix the search function

xkimix

is the search thing related to say... being able to see what someone has recently posted? when I go to a profile and see recent uploads only shows up to Jan 11'th but I know for a fact there is more recent activity

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
is the search thing related to say... being able to see what someone has recently posted? when I go to a profile and see recent uploads only shows up to Jan 11'th but I know for a fact there is more recent activity
Yup, all the searching functions of the forum stopped working on January 11th :dunno:

yandex

Yup, all the searching functions of the forum stopped working on January 11th
What happened on January 11 ?

Is the search malfunction fixed ? Like all new posts from january 11 will not be included in search results or is it like the last two months' posts wont be included in results ?

xkimix

I think there was a GUI (user interface) update sometime around then. Seems to me the search might be indexed, somehow the directory path might have changed & the whole thing still points to an old index file from the previous theme if that's possible (I'm just speculating)

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
What happened on January 11 ?

Is the search malfunction fixed ? Like all new posts from january 11 will not be included in search results or is it like the last two months' posts wont be included in results ?
Honestly I'd like to have answers to those questions, but I really don't know anything more about the search issue. Mind that same search malfunction affects even our moderator's activities, we're not happy and I'm not ignoring the problem, but as a mod I can do nothing more than wait and see

SAN

yandex

Well ... ?

I have been seeing increasingly sets posted which I downloaded from here, ofcourse sets die and get reuploaded but recently many which i saw not long ago i see again. Just saw this one, checked in my collection and I indeed downloaded this one from here not long ago. Why was it reposted in around 3 months, because the reuploader searched it and didn't find it so he reuploaded, but it was present here, but short of anyone who has the link to thread from January(I had it in my browser history) or filters sets by metart prefix and goes through dozens of pages (this set from January is around page 30) that set doesnt exist here cause search doesn't work. If someone wants to post this set next week again it won't turn up in search and might be reposted. And what about someone who wants this set ? Should all the sets not in search results be reposted every couple of days ?

http://kitty-kats.net/threads/janelle-b-pothos-121-photos-5616-px-26-01-2013.2689157/#post-13602589 (Posted Jan 18)
http://kitty-kats.net/threads/janelle-b-pothos-x121.2701533/ (Posted April 21)

This is just one example I checked up on, who knows how many else are being reposted, and honestly if search doesn't turn up results, reposters aren't at fault.

Using Google with "site:kitty-kats.net" as a search substring is the solution.
Ofc it works with some delay which is required for Google robots to index the recently added forum contents.