Datafile - worst customer service EVER!!!!! DATAFAIL.

seguenz

My subscrition automatically renewed as I forgot to cancel my subscription this time - (I have already subscribed three times in the past) - I immediately (within minutes) contacted them asking if I could be refunded, or place my active subscription on hold as I am going away for 2 weeks over Xmas, so didn't want to renew until January. I also advised them I had stopped downloading content so I could (hopefully) still get a full month for my money when they fixed my issue. I assumed they would be able to do this - apparently not!. That would have been frustrating, but what was infuriating is that they took a week (a whole week) to get back to me, and all they said was "Refund is not possible" - no apology for my experience, no suggestion of how to fix it, and keep me as a customer. So now, I paid for a full month, stupidly wasted the first week of it thinking they would be able to just change my month (already paid for) to January, I will lose the final 2 weeks as I will be away, and now told they will do nothing about it, and they have stopped replying to my requests. Seriously, I am a return customer and I am treated like crap, and rudely pushed to the side. Absolutely pathetic service. Want my money, don't want to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
From your point of view, you're out roughly $5-$10. At the risk of sounding like your father, stop sweating the small stuff.

Unlike most hosts, Datafile doesn't have a daily download limit. Instead, they have a monthly download limit. Click on your profile and the 3rd line down says "Traffic left: ***". That number tells you how much you can still download before the end of the month. If you go over that number, then your premium account will behave like a free account until the new month/pay cycle begins. Assuming you have a fast connection, you could have downloaded a bunch of stuff that first week, went on your two week holiday, and then came back and downloaded all the stuff you missed during those two weeks, plus all of the new stuff posted that week. Have you ever gone over your monthly dl limit?

Most file hosts would have handled your situation the same way, especially with the constant attacks on filelocker's pay gates. Plus, when you sent in your complaint, there might have been hundreds, or even thousands, of complaints ahead of you. I don't know how many employs they have handling complaints, but I would imagine they try to keep that pool of employees as small as possible to keep costs down. No one wants to pay people to sit around doing nothing on a slow day/week, so there will always be days/weeks when the average filelocker is overwhelmed with complaints. We see the same thing happen here. There are times I log in here and only a few dozen posts needing moderation are queued up. Other times, there may be 800. Your complaint was probably buried under a mountain of DMCA complains. You may not agree but legitimate copyright complaints have to take priority over someone forgetting to cancel their account.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've lost terabytes of files over the years as RS & MU collapsed, not to mention a couple hundred $$ when Sonic, Oron and Lucky went under. Did I mention the dozens and dozens of hours I had to spend each time zipping, uploading and posting new links? So yeah, I do know how you feel.

Now go have fun and enjoy the rest of your vacation!

seguenz

Hi
Yeah, I have calmed down a bit, I should have counted to ten before posting :)
The experience did not make me feel valued as a customer, but I have learnt a lot.
I am going to have nothing but fun!
Happy xmas!