cookie error preventing login with normal window, but CAN login when using incognito window

lurk60

I am viewing the site in Vivaldi, which is chromium-based. When I try to login using my normal browser setup, clicking the login button brings an error box that says: "Oops! We ran into some problems. Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site."

Thing is... I am allowing cookies, even including third-party cookies. I've checked both my universal permissions and site-specific ones. And, in fact, I can even see that some cookies have been set despite the error.

But, if I open an incognito window I can login just fine. I know the incognito window removes my extensions, so I've tried disabling them all manually as well as starting the browser in no-extensions mode, but neither of these gets rid of the error message.

Does anybody have ideas for other things to try? It's not the end of the world to use incognito, but obviously I'd like to have my extensions and remember the login and such. It's been like this for months.

BadDawg

Global Moderator
Staff member
lurk60

I have on several occasions had the same experience except just with the message "Oops! We ran into some problems.". Every time this has happened the solution has been to clear all cookies and site data. I know this sounds counter to the issue based on the message you are receiving. But I would suggest trying that as a first attempt to solve the issue. I hope it helps. If you've already tried that, sorry I've got no other suggestions at the moment.

lurk60

Every time this has happened the solution has been to clear all cookies and site data. I know this sounds counter to the issue based on the message you are receiving. But I would suggest trying that as a first attempt to solve the issue.
Wow, yeah that did it! I feel silly that I hadn't tried that, especially after finding the anonymous windows worked and eliminating addons as the culprit. Thanks for the suggestion!

BadDawg

Global Moderator
Staff member
You're welcome.